I have such great memories of my grandparents... Sal and Bea. They were married on September 21, 1947... 64 years to the day from which this challenge photo should have been posted. Because they were such an important part of my childhood, and the love I have for them, I chose to be married on that same day in 2001.
This Hope Chest is the one that my grandfather gave to my grandmother over 64 years ago. I always remember it sitting in one of their bedrooms in the upstairs of there home...filled with curtains, and the smell of the cedar inside has never faded.
This Hope Chest is now mine, as my grandparents have moved on to heaven. But I see it everyday, at the foot of my bed. My mom had the outside restored for me, but I still see the old worn darker wood color it once was, sitting in that spare bedroom, full of curtains.
Love you and miss you everyday grammy and grampy, and Happy Anniversary!
No comments:
Post a Comment